Fri, 09 Feb|
Location is TBD
Caravan Club Trip Darkan Sheep Fest
The Caravan Club is heading to the Darkan Sheep Festival for a relaxing weekend of activities.
Time & Location
09 Feb 2024, 10:00 am AWST – 11 Feb 2024, 2:00 pm AWST
Location is TBD
About the Event
The Isuzu 4x4 Club of WA Inc. is heading to the Darkan Sheep Fest
Trip Details In the past six years, the community of Darkan and visitors to the town have enjoyed a resurgence of the agricultural show after a 60-year absence. The idea of Sheepfest was to pay tribute to the sheep and wool industry that the town has been built on.
The show continues to be a back-to-basics show. There are no fancy rides or show bags, and no expensive admission costs; just a gold coin donation and a fun day out for the whole family to enjoy!
The Isuzu Caravan Club will be meeting at Darkan Caravan Park. All members are welcome and asked to make their own way to the show.
After Safety Briefing for all club members will be at 1800 once arrived at camp grounds.
Further information below -
- Trip Name: Darkan Carvan Trip
- Trip Type: Weekend Caravan Trip
- Trip Difficulty: Easy
- Vehicle Suitability: All vehicles
- Minimum Requirements: (Car capable of towing Caravan Safely Here)
- Maximum Vehicles: 20
- National Park Pass Required: No
- Camping suitability: Yes Caravan Powered Sites
- Toilets: At Caravan Park
- Showers: At Caravan Park
- Camping Costs: Darkan Caravan Park - $25/night - Bookings through Darkan Caravan Park website.
- Weather: be prepared for cold/ hot – dry/wet conditions.
- Water: Minimum 3 Litres per day per adult we also recommend carrying the same amount per child as a safe measure. For more information click Here
- Fuel: All attendees are required to have a full tank of fuel prior to Safety / Trip briefing Start Time
- Muster Point: Darkan Caravan Park
- Directions to Muster Point: click Here
- UHF Channel : 10
- Safety / Trip Briefing: Meet at Darkan Caravan Park – 1800 for chat, drinks, use of BBQ – BYO food and drinks
- (Please ensure you arrive with ready with a full tank of fuel prior to muster start time)
- Food Long Trips Details: BYO Food and Drinks Camp Kitchen facilities and bbq facilities at caravan park.
- Personal Details Form - all attendees are required to keep an up to date personal details form one per person in their glove box or centre console - click Here for the form.
- Trip Leader: Ray Goddard
Darkan will be holding its annual Sheep Fest event on the 10 Feb 2024. Darkan is approx. 220km from Perth, there are a few different ways to get to Darkan, depending where you live.
The Sheep fest is a 2 minute walk from the caravan park to the oval; the sheep fest is a gold coin donation and goes all day, for those who would like to go.
Darkan is approx. 65km East of Collie and 42km South West of Williams.
What I am proposing for the first get together is to go to Darkan on the 9, 10 and 11 Feb 2024 (arrive Fri, Sat and depart Sun for those that need to). This will be a good time to get anyone who is interested in the caravan side of the club to attend (if possible), this weekend will be open to any club member whom would like to join us, as the Darkan Caravan Park has power, water and toilet block (including showers), it has hard stand sites, as well as grassed area for caravans and tents, it has a campers kitchen, with BBQ and tables.
Currently the cost for a powered caravan site is $25 / night.
On the Friday night around 5pm / 6pm (for those there) we can get together for drinks, discuss what the members are wanting to do in the caravan side, e.g. who is self-sufficient, what places they would like to go to / see / recommended places / travel distance etc. the members are welcome to flash up the BBQ and cook there food and generally find out what everyone would like to do.
On Saturday night 5pm / 6pm meet up for a BBQ, where the members can use the BBQ to cook there meal and have a get together.
Darkan is a small country town, currently the Hotel is under renovations and is closed, it has a coffee house (not sure of the opening times) and general store, so members will need to have this in mind when attending.
Members will need to book a site for the weekend; this can only be done online, by going to the Darkan Caravan Park website, where it provides a link for bookings. The caravan park is small compared to caravan parks, but well worth the drive.
This is a chance to find out what the people with the caravans would like to do, find out what setup the caravans have, if people with tents would like to come along an put ideas forward for what everyone would like to do.
This is the first trip in a while for the Caravan Club and will help the Trip Leader and Executive Board find out what everyone expectations are for the caravan side of the club.