Nannup Long Weekend Trip
Time & Location
About the Event
The Club is heading South to campsite in Nannup.
We will be staying at a private campground - Total Hemp Co. (Barrabup Sanctuary) directly on the bank of the Blackwood River and offers beautiful, idyllic views of the surrounding Karri & Marri forest. Sleep blissfully while you experience the peace and serenity of our sanctuary and wake to the cheerful sounds of our local birds and the rustling of the towering trees. Book for a weekend getaway or an extended stay with the Bird Hide as your base from which to explore the breathtaking Southwest region of Western Australia. https://totalhempcompany.com.au/camping/
Barrabup Sanctuary is 15 minutes from the town of Nannup where guests will find grocery stores, a post office, petrol station, liquor store, gifts, specialty shops and a visitors centre.
- Name of Trip – Nannup
- Trip Type - Extended Trip (3 days / 2 nights
- Maximum Vehicles – 20
- Trip Start Date – 05/06/2021
- Trip Finish Date – 07/06/2021
- Trip Start Time – 0730hrs
- Muster Point Location – Liberty Fuel Station - 5713 South Western Highway, Pinjarra WA 6208
- Directions - click Here
- Safety / Trip Briefing
- UHF Channel – 10
- Fuel – All attendees to have a full tank of fuel prior to Safety / Trip briefing
- Trip Difficulty – Novice to Intermediate
- Water - Minimum 3 Litres per day per adult we also recommend carrying the same amount per child as a safe measure. For more information click Here bring all water required for drinking & cleaning.
- Weather – The outdoors can change its conditions at any moment. We recommend doing a majority pack to suit the season, even in summer you can experience cold nights so we always recommend that you bring some warm clothing and vice versa in Winter you can experience some hot weather, so we recommend packing at least one set of warm weather clothes. Now do not forget that even when the weather forecast is bright & sunny day’s anything can happen it is the weather after all, so do not forget to pack your wet weather gear.
- Bags of Firewood per Vehicle Required – 1
- National Park Fees applicable – applicable – Daily entry fees payable – Private vehicle up with up to 12 occupants $15 per vehicle Standard Fee / $8 per vehicle Concession Fee (Club recommends members purchase an annual National Parks Pass $120 Click Here. RAC Members $60 through RAC Rewards Click Here)
- Private Camping Fees applicable – $20 per person (Nil Concession) Children under 18 years free
- Camping suitability – Caravans, Off- Road Caravans, Camper Trailers, Tents, Swags
- Camping Facilities – Toilets, Showers, Unpowered Sites. You are welcome to bring your own generator
- Food / Groceries / Retail - BYO
- Personal Details Form - all attendees are required to keep an up-to-date personal details form. One per person in their glove box or centre console - click Here for the form.
- Trip Leader - Jeff Trewick – 0447 055 553 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notes –
Trip Overview -
The Club is heading south to stay at a private campsite - Total Hemp Co. and conduct an Exploration Trip.
This will involve a weekend of exploring local tracks and conducting research for future trip information.
As with any exploration trip there is the element of not knowing what the tracks will be like.
But don't worry you will be in good hands if the going get too tough we will find an option.
What can you expect besides great company and great scenery ? Adventure and the excitement of the unknown.
If your not sure what gear you need please send me an email.