Sat, 04 Mar|
Ryan's Find - Labour Day Long Weekend
Time & Location
04 Mar 2023, 12:00 pm AWST – 06 Mar 2023, 5:00 pm AWST
Southern Cross, Great Eastern Hwy &, Spica St, Southern Cross WA 6426, Australia
About the Event
The Isuzu 4x4 Club of WA Inc. will be traveling out into the Wheatbelt Past Southern Cross and beyond!
This event has a limit of 10 vehicles! refer to the below itinerary for further information!
We will be bush camping, attendees must be fully self-sufficient.
This trip is available for officially paid Isuzu Club Members only.
If you are not a member yet now is a great time to join so you can come along!
Please note Guests are able to attend as temporary members - for $60.00 per person.
Single and Family membership is $120.00 per year.
If you are a guest wishing to attend please complete the RSVP and email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your booking and to receive details on how to make your payment. If you wish to become an Official Paid Member please visit our membership page by clicking here
For further information see below -
- Trip Name: Gibson Desert - (Members Only)
- Trip Type: Extended Long Trip
- Trip Difficulty: Moderate
- Vehicle Suitability: All Terrain Tyres must have 4wd and low range. Touring setup required.
- Minimum Requirements: Licensed & roadworthy vehicle
- UHF Radio either a fixed unit or a handheld unit (5 watts is the recommended wattage for handheld radios)
- Rated recovery points front and rear of your vehicle or minimum a rated (recovery hitch)
- 2 x rated bow shackles
- 1 x snatch strap & damper blanket
- 1 x long-handle shovel
- Air Compressor
- Tire Deflator
- Enough water for 24 hours per occupant.
- (for more information please visit our FAQ regarding our requirements here
- Maximum Vehicles: Limited to 10 vehicles. Once all RSVP spots are taken you can RSVP to the waitlist for any cancellations.
- National Park Pass Required: N/A
- Camping suitability: Swags, tents & camper trailers.
- Toilets: Long Drop: No - BYO toilet & toilet paper. Either a portable chemical toilet or a bag-style portable toilet. Toilets can be bought from different camping shops refer below for some useful links
- Showers: No - BYO
- Camping Costs: N/A
- Weather: be prepared for cold/ hot – dry/wet conditions.
- Water: Minimum 3 Litres per day per adult we also recommend carrying the same amount per child as a safety measure.
- Fuel: All attendees must have a full tank of fuel before the safety briefing.
- Muster Point: Southern Cross BP Service Station Great Eastern Hwy &, Spica St, Southern Cross WA 6426, Australia
- Directions to Muster Point: Please click here
- UHF Channel: 10 (all attendees must have a UHF Radio) It is recommended that all members also have a portable UHF Radio for bushwalking away from our campsite so you can keep in contact with the campsite in case of an emergency.
- Safety / Trip Briefing: 1200hrs Convoy on the Road by 1215 hrs
- Food Details: BYO all meals
- Personal Details Form - all attendees are required to keep an up-to-date personal details form, one per person in their glove box or center console - click here for the form.
- Fire Wood: 1 Bag of Firewood per vehicle will ensure we have enough firewood to have a campfire each night.
- Trip Leader: Tracy Martinez 0428 029 786
- Charlie / Trip Leader 2: TBC
(Please ensure you arrive ready with a full tank of fuel 15mins prior to muster start time) ***If your running late you must inform the Trip Leader. A lot of timing is based on our trips and if you're running too late we may need to leave without you. Depending on the type of trip it may be possible to organize an alternate meeting point with the Trip Leader i.e. meet at a campsite etc. Please also note that for some types of trips, this is not always possible and if you run too late you run the risk of being unable to go on the trip.
The Isuzu Club of WA will be leaving Southern Cross BP shortly after 12 pm 4th of march where we will be heading towards "Ryan’s Find".
We will be camping at "Jardi station".
Sunday the trip will continue doing more of Ryan’s Find, and then make its way across towards Helena Aurora and into Mt Jackson.
The trip will then make its way to lake Deborah stopping to see hysterical and nature spots along the way and hopefully make it to Marshall rock (backup camp spots planned just in case) Sunday night, heading home Monday 6th of march.
The distance of this trip will be approx. 490kms many kilometers will be spent off-road, if you do not have a long-range fuel tank, you will be required to carry a 20L Jerry Can of backup fuel.
If you require further information please email email@example.com